Our event partners, Run for Charity, have just launched a virtual challenge series for young and old, for the fit and not that fit. It’s a great way of making the most of your time in isolation, having a purpose and keeping/getting fit. It is a unique chance for those non-marathon runners to get involved and run/walk a marathon or climb a mountain at your own pace. And you can win a medal at the end (we all love a good medal!).
Here is a list of our current virtual challenges:
Climb Everest – A 12 week challenge perfect for isolation. Challengers will have to complete a climb equivalent to Mount Everest (8,848m) either out and about on your daily exercise, climbing the stairs indoors, or a combination of the two!
Inca Trail – A virtual challenge to tick off the bucket list. A 25 mile run, walk or jog to be completed in as many efforts as you can manage.
Team Gotham – Not all Superheros wear capes….some have to fight crime in isolation too! This is a 5K challenge, so perfect for families who want to complete it together, or anyone looking to stay fit during lockdown.
The Big Charity Run – The ultimate challenge; you can choose your own. Pick a 30, 60, 90 or 120 mile distance to complete over a single month. You can run, walk or cycle, so perfect for setting an ambitious target and staying motivated!
Plus there are lots of location specific races that you could join, including:
- Richmond Park – Half Marathon
- Tatton Park – 10K
- Victoria Park – 5K, 10K & Half Marathon
- Brixton – 5K & 10K
- Wimbledon Common – Half Marathon
All you need to do is choose your challenge, register and start.
- Choose and register here. Receive confirmation email to log in to our Secure Charity Portal. Payment covers the cost of the place and medal only.
- Breathing Matters will get notification that you have signed up for your challenge and will contact you Or you can contact us directly at email@example.com
- Set up a Breathing Matters personal fundraising page. It is up to you how much you want to raise for Breathing Matters; there is no minimum sponsorship limit.
- All you need to do is gather evidence along the way of your challenge (eg. photo of your fitness tracker, Strava) and, once completed, simply email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Run for Charity have partnered with one of the top virtual events companies in the UK, ‘My Race’, who have been producing and fulfilling Virtual Events for many years, so you are in safe hands.
All funds raised will go towards much needed research into pulmonary fibrosis, COVID-19, bronchiectasis and lung infection.
So you can keep safe, stay alert, social distance, and do something worthwhile at the same time!
What are you waiting for? …