His simple message of hope – “Tomorrow will be a good day” – inspired millions around the world and brought comfort and joy to so many during the pandemic.
Like many other charities, Breathing Matters has been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, with the cancellation of many fundraising events and subsequent loss of income over the last year.
Now it’s your turn to build on that legacy. Friday 30 April would have been his 101st birthday and to honour him and his amazing achievements, The Captain Tom Foundation would love everyone, of all ages and abilities, to take part in the Captain Tom 100.
Do it your way! – Everyone of all ages and abilities is invited to take on a challenge around the number 100 anytime and anywhere over Captain Tom’s birthday weekend – it’s the May Bank Holiday weekend, so you’ll have lots of time.
Here’s How It Works – It’s so simple.
1. Dream up your 100 challenge. It can be anything you like – here’s some examples:
- Walk 100 laps of your garden, just like Captain Tom.
- Run for 100 miles over the weekend, or 100 minutes … or 100 seconds!
- Bake 100 cakes.
- Dance/cycle for 100 minutes (1 hour, 40 minutes).
- Write 100 letters.
- Swim 100 lengths of the pool.
- Do 100 keepy-uppies.
- Walk 100 steps on your hands or do a handstand for 100 seconds.
- Tell 100 jokes.
- Do 100 burpies, press-ups or sit-ups.
- Climb your stairs 100 times.
But the best challenges are the ones you think up yourselves!
2. Take on your Captain Tom 100 challenge any time between Friday 30 April and Monday 3 May 2021.
3. We would humbly ask that you raise funds for Breathing Matters.
- You can donate to: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CaptainTom100forBM
- Or, you can set up your own online fundraising page at: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/breathingmatters
Encourage your family and friends to take up the challenge and together we’ll all ensure Captain Tom’s legacy lives on.
Help inspire the next generation of Captain Toms by sharing your pictures and videos on social media, using the official hashtag #CaptainTom100
Captain Tom merchandise – https://www.captaintom.net/captain-tom-shop/
Thank you for keeping Captain Sir Tom’s legacy alive and for helping Breathing Matters.