Run for Halloween … Virtually !!
Trick or treat for the kids this year might get the red flag, but why not do your own healthy version with a medal and goodie bag instead! This 5K spooky run is great for everyone everywhere and is lots of fun. Take the challenge on or before Halloween – at a venue of your choice. Do it in your running gear or a spooky character from your favourite movie scene!
Simply register for the event and you will get access to the Virtual Marathon Series runners portal where you can submit your evidence before or on the big day.
The Virtual Halloween Run has a special challenge attached and asks that you dress up in fancy dress on Halloween to complete it. Quite simply, to earn the special challenge virtual medal, you will need to upload a picture of you at the end of your run in fancy dress as well as proof of your completed 5K.
The Virtual Marathon Series is offering two prizes:
- The first one is for the fastest time in fancy dress, become the Halloween world record holder.
- Secondly, to the person who raises the most money for their chosen charity by Halloween.
They will donate £250 to the 2 winners’ chosen charity who will each receive a goodies pack from their partner RunThrough in the post.
To apply for the fastest runner, you will need to enter your time through the Virtual Marathon Series portal and complete the 5K in fancy dress on Halloween.
To apply for the highest fundraiser, you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your fundraising page no later than 1st November 2020.
- Register here – you will receive a confirmation email to log in to the Secure Charity Portal where you can pay your registration fee [£25 covers the cost of the place and medal only and does not go to the charity].
- Breathing Matters will get notification that you have signed up for your challenge and will contact you – or you can contact us directly at email@example.com
- Set up a Breathing Matters personal fundraising page. It is up to you how much you want to raise for Breathing Matters; there is no minimum sponsorship limit.
- Sort out your Halloween outfit and start training!!!