Thank you all 2600 times
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many major fundraising events were cancelled this year, including the biggest fundraiser of all, the London Marathon. Charities were reporting a projected loss of 48% to their voluntary income, and a third wiped off from their total income.
On Sunday, 26th April 2020 – one month ago today and the scheduled day of the London Marathon – the nation joined together to help UK charities. The challenge was to dream up an activity based around the numbers ‘2’ and ‘6’ and donate (at least) £26 to their favourite charity.
Loads of our lovely supporters joined the 2.6 Challenge in droves to support Breathing Matters and we wanted to say thank you to you all. You have helped us raise a very apt £2600!
Here are a few of our favourite challenges:
- Thanks to Liz Wiazek and family for their 26 sun salutations.
- Thanks to Jessica, Emily and Seb plus dog Megan for running 2.6 miles around Stokesley Beck, raising £373 in memory of their grandad Andy Herring.
- Thanks to Pavan Kohli for walking 2.6 hours on a hot Sunday and raising £178.
- Thanks to Karen, Mike, Jose and Oli Fox for running 2.6k en famille.
- Thanks to Steph Fisher and her amazing family for raising an incredible £943 for their 2.6 challenges.
- Thanks to Elizabeth Coe who walked her pony 26 times around the field.
- Thank you to John McCready who wrote a lovely 26 line poem.
- Big respect to Elisa and Andreas who did a 26 second handstand for their challenge!
- Thanks to Val and Jack for walking up and down their corridor 26 times.
- Thanks to Maisie McCready for walking around her garden 26 times every day for a week.
- Thanks to Terri Russell for walk-jogging for 2.6K and ‘a little bit more’.
- Thanks to Tom for doing 26 keepie-uppies … not easy!
- Well done Jo Porter on giving 26 beloved books to charity.
- Thanks to Mary Foley for walking 2.6k in 26 minutes – that’s speedy!
- Well done Jerry Brown on completing a 2.6k bike ride.
- Thanks to James and Emily for their 26.2 mile [marathon] bike ride.
- Thanks to Greg and Colin who cycled 260K over the week – that’s as far as London to Sheffield! Thanks guys.
- Thanks to Donna and Nick who did 26 Just Dance dances in 2.6 hours.
- Thanks to the Smith family and the Howard family for doing a variety of 2.6 challenges … together – but not together.
- Thanks to Rebecca and Ted who did 26 exercises 26 times.
- Thanks to Sean for drinking a bottle of beer in 2.6 seconds!
Thank you to all the above plus everyone else who donated £26 and beyond to mark our 2.6 Challenge.