You Got out of Breath for #Breathtember!
Thank you to all of our supporters who Got Out Of Breath for #Breathtember last month to help raise awareness of pulmonary fibrosis during September’s world PF awareness month.
From hiking, cycling, climbing to giving up fizzy drinks. You all did your best to spread the word about pulmonary fibrosis.
Our #Breathtember twitter champion this year was ….. Steve Wright who walked a fantastic 50 miles during the month.
And why did we do this … here’s why:
- Men are nearly twice as likely as women to suffer from IPF.
- There are 5000 new cases of IPF every year in the UK.
- 50% of IPF sufferers die within 3 years of diagnosis.
- More than 30,000 people will be diagnosed with IPF in the 27 EU countries each year.
- IPF is more common than all leukaemias conbined.
- Most patients are diagnosed 1-12 years after their first symptoms.
- 5 million people worldwide have IPF.
We need more funding to change these statistics.
Thank you for your help during #Breathtember … let’s make a difference together!