Sometimes, a cycle at a nearby national park, a coffee morning at your local cafe or a 10K run is just not enough of a challenge. Sometimes, you need to go further afield!
Breathing Matters has teamed up with Global Adventure Challenges who offer some amazing charity challenges. There are so many international challenges to choose from at http://www.globaladventurechallenges.com/international, but here’s just a few examples:
Grand Canyon Trek: 16.9.17-23.9.17
Minimum sponsorship and fees: £3500 + £449 + airport TAX
Self-funding and fees: £1750 + £449 + airport TAX
Great Wall of China Trek: 7.10.17-15.10.17
Minimum sponsorship and fees: £2598 + £349 + airport TAX
Self-funding and fees: £1299 + £349 + airport TAX
Zambia, Zambezi Raft Challenge: 9.9.17-16.9.17
Minimum sponsorship and fees: £3800 + £399 + airport TAX
Self-funding and fees: £1900 + £399 + airport TAX
London to Paris Bike Ride: 19.7.17-23.7.17 (Tour de France Special), 16.8.17-20.8.17, 13.9.17-17.9.17
Mininum Sponsorship + fees: £1560 + £125 + airport TAX
Self-funding and fees: £780 + £125 + airport TAX
Morocco, Sahara Desert Trek: 2.11.17-7.11.17
Minimum sponsorship + fees: £1830 + £199 + airport TAX
Self-funding + fees: £915 + £199 + airport TAX
Kilimanjaro to Ngorongoro Crater Cycle: 14.10.17-22.10.17
Minimum sponsorship + fees: £3850 + £399 + airport TAX
Self-funding + fees: £1925 + £399 + airport TAX
There are two ways of funding your challenge; minimum sponsorship (option A) or self-funding (option B).
Option A – Raising a Minimum Sponsorship
- You pay the Registration Fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship for Breathing Matters. You can set up a Justgiving Page from our home page (https://www.justgiving.com/breathingmatters)
- You send 80% of the minimum sponsorship and pledges for the remaining 20% to Breathing Matters at least 11 weeks prior to the departure date of the Challenge.
- Breathing Matters will be invoiced by Global for the balance of the Challenge 10 weeks prior to departure.
- All outstanding sponsorship should be sent to us within six weeks of completing the Challenge. We would be grateful if you could try and raise as much as you can over the minimum sponsorship target as every penny of this is what Breathing Matters will receive. The more you raise, the more research work we can do and the more your challenge will have been worthwhile.
Option B – Self-Funding Option
- You send the Registration Form to Global Adventure Challenges, together with the Registration Fee.
- Eleven weeks prior to departure, an invoice will be sent to you for the cost of the Challenge.
- Although there is no minimum sponsorship target for this option, we would encourage you to raise as much as possible for Breathing Matters (via https://www.justgiving.com/breathingmatters). Once again, the more you raise, the more research work we can do and the more your challenge will have been worthwhile.
If all the above fills you with dread, why don’t you check out many more challenges including those closer to home in the UK on http://www.globaladventurechallenges.com/uk or Sport for Charity
Always Remember: Breathing Matters!