#Breathtember … Let’s Make a Difference Together!
Thank you to all of our supporters who got together to Get Out Of Breath for #Breathtember last month to help raise awareness of pulmonary fibrosis during September’s global PF awareness month.
And why did we do this … here’s why:
- Men are nearly twice as likely as women to suffer from IPF.
- There are 5000 new cases of IPF every year in the UK.
- 50% of IPF sufferers die within 3 years of diagnosis.
- More than 30,000 people will be diagnosed with IPF in the 27 EU countries each year.
- IPF is more common than all leukaemias conbined.
- Most patients are diagnosed 1-12 years after their first symptoms.
- 5 million people worldwide have IPF.
We need more funding to change these statistics.
Thank you for your help during #Breathtember … let’s make a difference together!