Stark Facts about Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Men are nearly twice as likely as women to suffer from IPF.
- There are 8000 new cases of IPF every year in the UK.
- 50% of IPF sufferers die within 3 years of diagnosis.
- More than 30,000 people will be diagnosed with IPF in the 27 EU countries each year.
- IPF is more common than all leukaemias combined.
- Most patients are diagnosed 1 to 12 years after their first symptoms.
- 5 million people worldwide have IPF.
PLEASE HELP US CHANGE THESE STATISTICS!!!